Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Comment to send to Dish Network

What I want to know is: Why when I was at a previous address in Minerva,
ZIP code 44657, I was able to get Cleveland Local Channels, but when I
moved just over 1 mile away to the east, I was suddenly forced to accept
Youngstown local channels? When I do a search for local channels based
on my zip code alone, I get results that say Cleveland is my local
market. If I plug in my address, while still in the same ZIP code, I get
told something different. Your local market calculator is in serious
error - all addresses in one ZIP code should be treated as the same
market. We get our local news from Cleveland stations - Youngstown
stations do not care about our area AT ALL. Weather reports are too
late. Local cable service, I'm told, provides BOTH markets as local
channels. What I want to know is why Dish Network is forced to screw
their customers while DirecTV is not affected by that stupid court
decision a few years ago. Maybe I should switch to DirecTV because I
would still be able to get Cleveland local stations through it and not
force to accept a smaller local station lineup that I should not have to
put up with.

No comments: