OK. Well, I finally had to get up in the attic, yes the joists and
everything supported me (you lose weight while asleep, I know this for a
fact - it may not be much but it happens), and got that big bunny
hanging up there down. It wasn't heavy at all.
Anywho, I had to get up there in my latest War With the Elements. Again
water decided it would invade my room but from above this time. I had
done a little taping up of the hole as well as some stapling of a
plastic bag to the ceiling, but I had to change that at some point, but
the root of the reason I write this is because I decided once and for
all (and it was the morning so I was feeling pretty brave and pissed off
at the same time - similar to that morning after that one hurricane (see
blog)) I needed to go up there and win another one for me.
It was a hard spot to find. It was practically all the way to the edge
of the roof. Based on what I saw as far as placement of electric wires
(and these were pretty new wires) to determine where the thingy for the
ceiling receptical was for maybe, oh I don't know, like a fan or light,
I judged well where I would place a bucket under the roof but above my
room. I think I found a 2nd leak over my closet - I'll have to check
this out very soon. I didn't know one was there.
This is a Catch and Release system. Basically, it's a slow leak, so
anything that catches the water will release it through evaporation. I
just hope, and it's likely, this will never fill up and does evaporate
pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment