OK, So tonight around 6:30 pm I'm making dinner. I get mom's plate done
up and I begin making mine, when all of a sudden there's this loud
fire-cracker-like explosion sound that suddenly just happens. So we're
both like "What the hell was that?" and I try to figure out what that
was. Nothing in the kitchen was disturbed or exploded. And while I try
to figure that out for about 30 seconds, I see some guy walking out of
our yard looking at the house, I see him looking at me while I look at
him from the window. And I conclude at the time that for some reason
this guy set off a firecracker or something. Mom says calling the police
won't do much, but I maintain that calling the police at least gets the
complaint logged in somewhere. I call the police, they say over where we
are that's the county sherrif's department or whatever, and they refer
my call over to them. And I get a call from that person. They were very
helpful, explaining that this is just one incident and even though
there's nothing that can be done, they've logged the complaint and if it
happens again then they'll have to check into it.
I mention that I got a videocamera and not afraid to use it, and the guy
advises me something like that could aggravate things, but it could be
helpful but be careful. OK.
Anywho, I get to settling down, eventually getting something to eat
before a friend calls after that. I see the same guy again in our yard.
So I go out on the back porch and ask him if there's something I can do
for him. He says he's been practicing his golf swing and lost a golf
ball. I told him if we find it I'll be glad to return it. Then he
suddenly finds one in our yard out in front of the tree and goes on
about his way. I think he offers a bit of an apology for that.
Not a firecracker, but still an explosive sound. A golf ball hit the
house. Sheesh. Shoulda just come up and apologized rather than just
walking in the yard like he did.
No comments:
Post a Comment