In the past 6 days of moving...
Friday - got mom and the dog out to my sister's house, moved some loads
and picked up 14Foot Uhaul.
Now, when Uhaul says the truck is $29 a day, what they don't mention is
that there's $79 insurance you have to buy from them unless you have
insurance to cover you on 6 wheel vehicles. And then the $14 fee for
something I didn't want as well when I reserved it. And then the 99
cents a mile charge.
So they advertise $29 or $20 a day - but that's a complete lie. My cost
to rent the truck for one day was over $123. And that's not counting $32
in diesel fuel!!!
Saturday - didn't do any shopping nor picking up or any manga. We did 2
huge loads of all the big stuff, and managed to get the truck back by
5:58 pm. Also moved my bed from the basement to my sister's house.
Sunday - A day of rest, as I was sore all over. Ate our thanksgiving
meal.
Monday - Myers had the day off, so we pretty much borrowed my younger
sister's van and we made good on several loads.
Tuesday - more van borrowing. Moved more stuff from upstairs, as I went
room to room and just emptied it out.
Wednesday - got the cats and the food out and the last of stuff from the
basement.
That leaves the mowers, the plant, and the garbage thingy. My truck will
be used for that, then I go back to work.
At least I'll get to play with my DVD recorder at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment