Tuesday, November 08, 2005

SOLD


And tonight the SOLD sign went on the reator's sign in my grandparents'
soon to be former home.

Well, there's the sign I was waiting for. Saw it this evening after I
came home from voting after work.

I left around 8:25 am and it wasn't there, so some time between then and
10 am or so, someone came out and placed it there. Pisses me off nobody
came to the door to tell mom about it. We've also been trying to contact
my sister in Florida about stuff that needs done with the house in
Bayard. It's got electric and maybe phone - we just need running water
through a softener. Stupid her sold my grandfather's house with our
softener as being installed (it's not). We're going to need that.

I have this Friday off, so I'm going to see about moving stuff already
in boxes during that day. I don't know how many loads I'll be able to do
by myself. Good thing I got more Ibuprofen.

30 days or so and counting...

I have this Friday off so I plan to do as many loads of stuff still
packed up from our move out of the Euclid house and this will be what is
being moved first. I'd like to move our refrigerator and get it set up
at the "new" place. I also may need help ripping out carpet in the
kitchen. Yes, you read right, carpet in the kitchen. We had carpet in
the kitchen and bathroom when we first lived at Euclid, and here we got
it again.

If I end up moving stuff by myself this Friday, and it doesn't rain, I
got a lot of boxes I want to move that I need to do by myself anyway.

I'm also going to need to see about the next month or so that I need 2
days off in a row, culminating with my week's paid vacation that I
should have earned by now. Also I need to see when I'm supposed to get
my raise. I'm looking for the Rurdev letter that has info the store
provided to the US Government about said raise, and if they lied on that
form they sent back to the rurdev people, then I've got a case to
present to people. I want my raise!!!

The week I will get off I will be renting a Uhaul van to move the rest
of the big stuff. Anyone showing up with big vehicles is still muchly
appreciated. I'm hoping this time we can follow through with the Thank
You party we should have had 2 years ago. I guess we'll make it a good
one for this time.

A lot of cleaning will also be needed. If I can borrow a power washer,
all the better. I plan to get our air cleaner in there ASAP as well as
getting the dehumidifier going again, maybe with a new fan I have on
hand, and getting that over there. I'll likely have to buy a bunch of
light bulbs and bring a sweeper.

As long as my older sister gets running softened and filtered water
going, and hookups for mom's waster and dryer, we could be good to go. I
have to find out how to get our digital dish moved there as well and for
free.

No comments: