First off, there will be No Anime North trip this year. We will try to
plan something else instead, and maybe shoot for Anime North in 2006 if
things work out all around. I am also hoping to shoot for a trip to
Japan possibly in 2006.
Secondly...
"OK, change of plans is in the works."
"First off, I may have use our union influence to finally get the
position I've been screaming for. They put people in there and they
don't exactly want to be there - then they get someone like me with
experience to be there and I get totally ignored!!!"
Scratch that - Management at the store is using "customer service
issues" as an excuse to not let me go to Hot Foods (which I have
experience doing - 10.5 frigging years of experience!) NOR to train me
on registers! Bastards! I have another ace up my sleeve, and I will not
reveal my plans just yet. I had one of the union stewards pound an
explanation out of the HR person, and even then they got the brush-off
and got lied to as well. I have written down notes of this whole ordeal
so I don't forget any details. I have not given up fighting.
"There may also be a plan in the works that will allow mom and myself to
buy a house. It will end up in my name, and if I can get something in
the price range I'm thinking of, this could go well. I'll have to start
praying I can find something where I will like it. I liked living on
Euclid, so perhaps there will be something available. Heh."
These plans haven't changed. I'm still working on this.
"Been selling on eBay pretty steadily for the past month. Some items get
no interest, while some do surprisingly well. Up to now, all my JEM
listings have sold the first try. I fear the Star Stage won't, and only
because I haven't been able to find one piece. T.T"
My last few listings came and went. The buyer of the Psygnosis lot says
disk 1 of Awesome is missing. While I don't think that's true, I will
look to see if it ended up staying here. My brother in law took in
almost $500 for the remote control model airplanes he had me sell for
him on eBay, with one seller being a bit of a fussbudget. Might block
them from future listings.
Been working on graphics from CDroms a friend sent me. The Prototype
Generation BBS collection, the Venice Perfect Memory collection, as well
as some assorted sound and video files, and "Digital Pink" which has a
terrible rate of duplicate images and other stuff. Compressed a bunch of
uncompressed KISS files into LZH archives. Today's KISS software has the
ability built in to uncompress from LZH archives. ^_^ Also working on
converting .AU files to .WAV or even MP3 if the file is big enough.
Most of the pics in JPG format needed better compression. All pics are
getting the BBS stamp removed. Some get softened to make them look more
like a computer graphic rather than a poor grainy GIF conversion or bad
scan. Improves the overall look as well as the space saved on disk. Some
of those JPGs were huge. Criky.
No comments:
Post a Comment