What a moment to pull out a faded memory. My mother at one time was in the middle of a serious hobby in photography. By the time I arrived, mom had a 35 mm camera - a rather good one she used for color film & slides. Unfortunately, nearly 400 color slides were lost in 2005. I managed to scan the ones left in a metal box - something I had a hand in happening. The camera ended up getting broken & eventually destroyed, and us being a dependent family, didn't have the money for repairing it, among the many other things we didn't have money for.
But the things I remembered randomly were her having a light meter device. I remember a random device I played with but didn't know how it worked or what it was for. It's such an early memory I don't remember what it looked like. I don't know what happened to it. But I remember there was this thing & that had to be what it was after seeing a video online. I just can't pick out a light meter model & sadly Mom isn't here to identify them if she still even could.
Mom also had a photographer's film developing kit & it vanished after we moved from the Mount Jackson house. Some years later I figured out what I saw in the attic of a house my father owned. A family member was saying how he was going to get to use it when he got older & Mom used to talk about her developing kit on occasion which got taken from her. I finally put the 2 things together some years ago. It could have been the same thing. A shame my mom gave up her hobby to raise a family. It wasn't the only thing she abandoned for a family. She had an X-ray Technician certificate at one point.
No comments:
Post a Comment