Sunday, June 11, 2017

I finally replaced that missing Ruby Moon pin!

Years ago, when I worked at that hell hole Long John Silver's in Alliance, OH, I used to put anime pins on my hat I wore to and from work. At one time, I had a Ruby Moon pin (a character from later Cardcaptor Sakura chapters) I had received from my friend Jay who had gotten it as a candy toy from his local Mitsuwa store. It was one of those things sold in a box with some chocolate crunchy crispies of some sort of candy. There was a considerable set to collect if you could get access to more of the little boxes. I never was able to at the time.

The photo from the eBay listing I bought!
At any rate, one day after leaving work, a wind gust blew my hat off and it slid underneath a customer's car. After I had managed to retrieve it, it was then I noticed my Ruby Moon pin somehow came loose and was now missing. Lacking immediate use of a metal detector, I was resigned to having it lost forever. I had managed to replace 1 or 2 others I lost, but this was a special item not easily found again.

Or so I thought. A couple nights ago or so, I was browsing eBay and I happened to use the search term "Cardcaptor Sakura character pin." A good number of pins showed up, but lo and behold, someone had a complete set of the candy toy CCS pins! And then... my missing Ruby Moon pin! Well, not my exact pin but another one being sold by itself! I waited for it to be relisted with a sensible price and bought it. If I could have afforded it, I might have gone for the complete set, but having this pin again is enough and completes a hole in my collection.

And a while ago, I was even able to fix the broken pins in my collection!

No comments: