Tuesday, March 08, 2016

It's fun to watch DirecTV's technical staff get results

At some point this afternoon (1:10 pm to be precise) I was watching something on History channel when suddenly the feed cut off. This was odd. DirecTV apparently was working on something which required them to make over 30 channels on my lineup to go dark for a couple of hours.
 
When they gradually came back on, TBS and Cartoon Network East WERE LETTERBOXED AGAIN!! Yay! TNT and TruTV and BET are still not fixed, but hey, I've not watched CN East for almost 3 months because it was displaying wrong when it's always been letterboxed.
 
I called Thursday night to complain when Comedy Central messed up. The next day, it was fixed but then CNN was messed up. That persisted until Monday when it got fixed.
 
It's clear DirecTV's technicians were doing their job and accomplished quite a lot, even with still more to do. FreeSpeechTV, LinkTV, and Arirang are messed up but then they were always like that. It would be nice if the set top box was able to reshape all channels like the local stations...

No comments: