Monday, August 10, 2015

When you don't fix it each month for a while, there's this big hit...

I wish I had the means to buy a newer vehicle than my 1998 Exploder. Got the thing to the dealer for a look-see at that clunk that started on Friday, and it has something to do with an eyelet and a suspension spring. In that something broke off and the weight of the vehicle was keeping things in place.

Good thing - it can be fixed with parts from somewhere. The job is expected to take 4 or 5 hours.


Bad thing - they said these are usually done in pairs. And if they have to replace shocks or other parts that don't come off easily...

In short, this repair might run $1,600 to $1,700 but the main guy working on this will be looking for parts which he can get by tomorrow. Bolt sets for this repair aren't cheap. It's within the realm of possibility to do this repair as the frame is pretty much OK by their reasoning. It's a matter of what else will rust and break.

I can't trade in a broken vehicle, so I said go ahead, do the work, and hope he gets deals on the parts he needs. At least I have $55 in Owner Rewards... In the meantime, I got a Ford Escape as a loaner.


Social media doesn't work for me, otherwise I'd set up a Go Fund Me page and see if I can get donations to either offset the repair cost or whatever. I get SSDI and all I can do is toss this on a credit card which I pay more than the minimum each month and hope nothing else breaks. My computer services business hasn't yet gotten the impetus to do much on the cost of repairs like this.

In January i already had the ball joints worked on.. Sheesh. Not going to let this suck my money this close to going to WDW.

No comments: