Monday, August 11, 2014

In order to clear up the confusion around here...

I had the chance to connect Mom's original HD to another computer and recover data I thought was lost due to the CD burner making the computer not boot correctly. Here's a note I printed up for the ladies who came in to help Mom with food and such. You can see why this note was necessary. The date for this text file is Aug 20, 2009.

In order to clear the confusion around here:

1. When making a sandwich with the deli-sliced lunchmeat, 

    sandwiches are typically made with 1 or 2 SLICES of meat.
   This Does Not Mean Enough Slices to Stack up to 1 Inch in Height.
2. When dishing up cold Meatloaf leftovers as lunch, such as
    a sandwich, a PIECE refers to a SLICE, and as such leftover meatloaf will typically be sliced.
    This Does Not Mean The Entire Remaning HALF of the Meatloaf if it is Not Sliced!

3. If there is a Baking Dish with Pieces of cooked Chicken Breast
   in the fridge, A Lunch Does Not Mean Both.
   Each piece will make a sandwich And Someone May Be Saving Their Piece.
Measuring utensils and the like go in the drawer under the Microwave.

Breakfast bowls (purple, most of them) go in the cabinet above the dish drainer.
Mixing and other bowls (various colors) go in the cabinet door above the right sink.
If unsure where a bowl goes, leave it in the dish drainer.

Funnels go in the drawer under the microwave.

If unsure where something goes, put it on the stove for the time being.

Plastic Jugs for Water use - If over by the sink, it means I'm trying to remember to rinse them out with a touch of bleach before using them. It's OK to leave them there. I do not save milk jugs or non-diet drinks in jugs.

This list may be updated from time to time.


-----

I would come home to find things in the wrong place. Nobody would ask where things went - to me, things would go missing until I found them in places I would never think of putting an item. When in someone else's house, ask where things are, and ask where they should go.

I had totally forgotten about the missing pieces of chicken, but I still remember the meatloaf incident as well as the missing lunchmeat.
 

No comments: