Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I always wondered what happened to them

I decided to take some time to find out whatever became of Jimmy Richardson and his wife Emma after seeing a couple more buildings knocked down in Kensington today. Mrs. Richardson was my 1st Grade teacher. I found she passed away Sept 11, 2012. She was a grand 90 years old. It doesn't say when she retired from teaching after doing it for 30 years.

Then I had to look but I found an obit for James M. Richardson in the Alliance Review, where it mentioned he passed away in October 2008 and had owned and operated East Rochester Hardware for 40 years. But it doesn't say when he gave up the business. He was a grand 95 years old.

So it makes sense that between 2008 and some time in 2011 that the building was torn down. Emma would have been able to make the decision if she was still able - her obit does say she passed away in her home. Still, it makes me wonder what happened to the place and why it got so dilapidated and got filled up with stuff. I wonder who now owns the patch of property it stood on.

Probably a way to find that out, but I don't feel like doing it right now. I'm sure I could find out.

No comments: