Thursday, February 07, 2013

The real explanation of those stupid names for winter storms

Athena: The MIT campus wide computer network

Brutus: The bad guy from Popeye

Caesar: Sid's salad dressing.

Draco: The Malfoy brat from Harry Potter

Euclid: The street where I used to live

Freyr: Some rock musician dude that I never remember

Gandolf: A character in a 1896 fantasy novel in a pseudo-medieval countryside.
(Hey, they got this one right)

Helen: Ms Slater

Iago: That parrot voiced by Gilbert Gottfried

Jove: By Jove!

Khan: Star Trek baddie played by Ricardo Montalban.

Luna: from Sailor Moon!

Magnus: Magnus opus?

Nemo: Nobody

Orko: From He-man, the mostly useless magic twerp

Plato: Singular of Plates. When you're asking for some - I want a plato spaghetti.

Q: Star Trek Next Generation trouble making imp

Rocky: YO ADRIAN

Saturn: The Sailor Senshi of Destruction and Rebirth

Triton: I'm thinking of something for this.

Ukko: Either they romanized Unko wrong or they meant Ukkutsu meaning Gloomy. Either way, winter storms are gloomy shit.

Virgil: Wasn't this the name of a gorilla?

Walda: Why not use Waldo? Then we could spend less time looking for him.

Xerxes: As opposed to Xerox?

Yogi: The Bear who was always after pick a nick basket.

Zeus: I'm ashamed to say it, but this sounds like a male porn star.

No comments: