Sunday, January 13, 2013

First full week of 2013 results

I had a hard time dealing with having to get a working vehicle, not having something safe or reliable for the past year, or at least the last few months. I put $1,800 into my Kia Sephia back last March and April when I really should have been looking for something else to drive. After this past week when all my sources for rides to my guy for things manga fizzled, the first time in weeks since depending on others for rides, some family members and I found a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT for $1,500 before fees and that other crap. I don't exactly like this vehicle but my brother in law says I got a good deal. It just needs a speed sensor replaced.

Which meant in turn I had to do something with the Kia. Not worth trying to trade it in, I took it to a scrap yard, being able to drive it in, and got some cash for it. I cleaned it out of course before that. It held a lot of memories, driving my mother to her doctor's appointments in the 2 years I was in the role to do that for her. It was her car previously when she was working and got injured, and then became my car when she was no longer able to drive. Having that Kia meant a lot in these past 3 years. How odd to be cleaning it out and finding the missing control knob for the upstairs air conditioner, something we thought was lost nearly 10 years ago!


As for manga that came out this week, OreImo Vol.2 manga from Dark Horse has a letter from me and a photo of my bathtub tiling design! I got a Nichijou poster soon after writing them, and yes I was FIRST to email them in regard to OreImo. It has the glorious Kuroneko on the cover.


No comments: