you cook on. Go figure.
Anywho, Mom's been wanting the oven cleaned and I though OK, if we can
get some Easy Off, I'll clean it. So we got some Easy Off. This stuff is
named accurately. I recommend using it overnight.
We had this black carbonized mass at the bottom of the oven that would
send smoke streaming out at temperatures above 425 F. When I got to
cleaning some out before spraying it with Easy Off, some of it flaked
off and I threw that away.
It took 2 applications of the stuff before it was 99% clean. Kim and
Aggie (from How Clean is Your House?) would be proud. I want to treat
the racks as well. It was SO EASY to remove, too! A damp warm sponge was
practically all I needed to wipe down the oven, but I used a little
scrub pad of steel wool to remove some of the more stubborn bits. At
least it's clean now! No smoke!
I wonder if any regular degreaser product would also have worked.
It snowed today. I hate snow. The temperature outside was in the 20s, so
I pulled out my Duralast battery. Again. Good thing I don't have to
really go anywhere today. One appointment got changed to tomorrow. I
wish it would get cancelled altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment