Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hisashiburi desu nyo...


I guess the lack of additions means not much bad has been happening. And
for the most part of that, it's true.

My older sister went back on her "promise" to have me be Property
Manager and reduce our rent. Hey, I work a more or less full time job -
I can't help it if on my days off I want to do something for ME. I can't
help it if I get 40 hours on a paying job. Some of the things she did
when she visited in June were some of the same things I needed help
doing. I can't do it by myself!! The basement pretty much got the
cleaning out it needed, but I still want to get some sort of power
washer down there. I wouldn't store anything in there for the life of me
- not without a good water proofing and replacement of insulation and
other stuff.

July was pretty damn hot. After I came back from Anime North, I put in
the small air conditioner we have (from mom's room on Eucild mainly) at
the top of the stairs, and it did my room and the first floor pretty
well. Then in July, it got hot. and I mean HOT. I was starting to wonder
if I should have put the big air conditioner in the window instead. At
that time I put it in, Apartment B was still not rented out.

Oh yeah, Apartment B - rented out to a friend of one of the ladies (who
no longer is assigned to help my mom) who came to help my mom with
whatever she does. Turns out she's kinda odd. The terms Redneck and
Trailer Trash almost apply. Then she was seeing this son of one of her
clients. He doesn't have a job or a car. She's got a job and a car. Then
he was all of a sudden staying with her in Apartment B, and she turned
nasty right after that. Mom says tonight they had some sort of argument
and he left. Heh.

I've been getting some good hours at work. Got overtime during July 4th
week. Been finding more $3 and $4 anime DVDs at local Big Lots and
Dollar General stores. Finally got to see Angel's Tail and Galaxy Angel.
Added the first OVA DVD of Stratos 4 to my boxed set of the TV series.
Heh. July was a rather expensive month. I started to amass a bunch of
DVD+R media for my recorder. HP DVD+R disks are working pretty much 100%
of the time. I have so many tapes I want to backup on DVD... Ranma 1/2
collection, Card Captor Sakura fansubs, and Miracle Girls. I'm going to
need a lot of media for this.

Heck, some of the cheap anime DVDs I haven't even watched yet!

Been trying to get things together and get my passport application
started. I still don't have photos for it.

Did I mention being able to re-pack the first Wedding Peach DVD and
extras disk in a 2 disk thinkpack, then including the other 9 thinkpack
disks in the first artbox? Heh!!

Gotta start selling things on eBay. I have to clear out space in our
only extra room somehow - and it's going to be done MY way. My older
sister threw away whatever didn't sell at the "yardsale" which was
pretty much putting things out on a tarp, then throwing them away
without our permission when some of it didn't sell. She took the money
people left for mom's books!! What a ----ing rotten landlord my sister
is!!! I thought stuff like that was ILLEGAL.

Still lots to do. We haven't settled in yet - still.

No comments: