Sunday, March 26, 2006

The start of something good I hope


Well, Register Training happened. ^_^

I also managed to impress the heck out of people that first week, and
since I seem to be treated better while I wear the white shirt and tie,
I'm going to wear it more often.

I also was able to run register, Express lane, for 1 hour that night,
the first night of training. I am able to demonstrate a high level of
competence and pleasantness (sic) to people as I ring up their
purchases. In fact, I find that time goes much faster as a cashier than
bagging stuff.

The Kia cost me $265 to do an overhaul of the rear end. Parts for Kia
cars aren't easy to find nor are they cheap. Now I should look into
getting the front end aligned. That's $265 I'll never see again, even if
it was well-spent. I so much want to go to Japan while a friend is over
there for his Japanese-government paid Monbushou fellowship grant, and
possibly visit a few penpals.

tonikaku, register training got me reclassified as a Part Time Cashier.
My hours for working for a raise also start over. (damn), but I should
have had one as a clerk anyway, and I asked about that. But I haven't
been on the cashier schedule yet, and I'm going to ask about that, too.
I want to claim hours as a cashier, dammit.

So many people on the front end are so happy to see me get that
training. A few people have even told me if I need to claim hours from
them, I can. Those are people with less seniority than I, and they know
that. I hope when I work with one or 2 of the coordinators, they'll put
me on register the entire time. I even got to run register for one 8
hour shift a couple of Thursdays ago. I've told people I ran register at
Fisher's Big Wheel years ago, and my performance is proving that in
spades.

Also been helping that one girl with her system, and the last problem I
need to figure out are the sudden restarts for no reason. A friend has
given me a lot to check out, so perhaps I've got some ammunition to
solve it for good.

My middle niece got the 3 dolls for the US release of Ojamajo Doremi
(well, they were a gift from my and my mom, her grandmother) for her
birthday and she's been taking good care of them. I'm glad because when
I am able to give her Japanese anime toys like that, and she really
takes care of them, it makes me feel good because then the giving of the
gift was worth it. It also gives us something to share.

I hope I can find more original Ojamajo Doremi DVDs with English subs.
That english dub is absolutely horrible.

There were some girls in checkout this past week who recognized my Mew
Lettuce pin on my name badge. I tried to fill them in on stuff about
Tokyo Mew Mew, and I changed the pins to having Mint and Ichigo on there
in their Cafe Mew Mew waitress outfits. (I don't have pins of them in
their Mew fighter outfits yet.) And I've been able to connect my
Tamagotchi (tah mah goh chi) Connection to other "Go-chi"s, while also
teaching kids how to say the Japanese name right.

No comments: