Well... I've begun the process to apply for a Uniform Housing Loan
through the government's USDA Rural Development office. I sent in at
first an incomplete application, then I got it sent in with the $30
credit reporting fee and additional info they requested.
A week after that, I got an envelope with a few other papers (credit
reporting disclosure, Truth in Lending data), and sent those back in.
Now they're checking info with my current landlord, my current employer,
my past employer, and the bank.
Two of those bits have replied. I called on 8/2 about how things were
going, left a message on the processor's voice mail about how if things
were looking good that I had a house in mind and where it is. The
processor of my application called back saying the landlord info was
received as well as my current employer.
But the thing that caught me off guard was them checking my past
employer. My heart sank when I heard they were checking that. I have no
idea what info they'll be asking for, or if how my employment with them
ended will make any difference. I hope all they need and get is how long
I was employed by them. I also hold no hope for their timely response.
If the errors in my credit report with the Bank of America account I
never had doesn't mess things up, this thing with my previous employer,
for whom I worked 10.5 years, just could depending on what info the
rurdev people ask for.
I woke this morning feeling like crap and with a bit of a sore throat.
Autotoxemia? Heh, I wouldn't be surprised. I've started getting boxes
from where I work now, but haven't begun packing anything, and I got a
lot to pack.
Damn.
No comments:
Post a Comment